HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
desert-rat660

Project Supermoto

19 posts in this topic

Well im finally getting my street legal supermoto project going, i stripped my 08 yz450f down to a bare frame so i can take it to the powder coaters this weekend, im going satin black on the frame subframe and swingarm. I have alot of work and $$$ ahead of me. Ill be going to a wr style charging system and a few other mods.

006-5.jpg?t=1247709107

007-5.jpg?t=1247709163

i will, im still trying to find a deal on a crankshaft, rotor, cdi, and cover, ive been checking ebay but 07 and up wr parts are few

hey desert-rat..do you want to sell those dirt wheels in the back ground ?i been looking for a set of used wheels with blue rims! who makes em?

hey desert rat - before you take your frame to the powder coater's - spend a little time with an aluminum file and knock down the casting seams (mold lines) in the frame - it will look a lot better. I did that with my frame. Something else - seee if the PC can use either a low temp pC or use a lower temp with longer baking time - less chance of the heat making the aluminum brittle.

1 person likes this

hey its cool! i figured id ask...how have they been holding up for you??

they are nice wheels i have the 18 inch rear wheel , seeing as i only use the bike for trails, i liked having more sidewall in my tire.

Little update after taking the frame to the powder coater i decided to have it painted candy blue, i also ordered a set of applied racing triple clamps for it.

$250 is a great deal too....if i were you i would get some clear vynal frame stickers cut to protect that powder coat from your boots! !

$250 is a great deal too....if i were you i would get some clear vynal frame stickers cut to protect that powder coat from your boots! !

yeahh thats not a bad idea.

How long did it take you to disassemble everything? I WANT to do this but my much more mechanically inclined friend doesn't seem too interested. :thumbsup:

honesty dissasembling the bike took about 3 hours and that was with individually bagging and labeling everything, that way i dont get bolts mixed up or lose anything. Its pretty easy im sure u can do it on your own

well my project is at a stand still, alot of the parts i need for the wr stator conversion are on back order:foul: , i did get a set of the applied racing triple clamps, had to press the steering stem out of the old clamp and into the applied clamp. i also bought new bearings while i was at it