YZ450 exaust on a 08 WR450

WR450f Replacing the header and muffler with one of a YZ450.

I've heard of a few people doing this as a cheap option to increase performance.

Any thoughts on whether it's worth the effort?

definitely worth the effort if you have a cheap one available..

do all the free mods first and in the US you would still need a spark arrestor on the YZ can... many after market bolt on end caps are available, PMB for one

YZ450 2006 onwards will bolt straight up. I have an 06 YZ450 exhaust on my WR450 07. It has given it more top end, I'm sure some of it has to do with it being louder too :worthy:

I put an 08 on mine. Sound tests at 96db and a nice increase in power. Nice short silencer also.

I put an 08 on mine. Sound tests at 96db and a nice increase in power. Nice short silencer also.

I have the same setup, an 08 YZ on my 07 WR but mine would never test at 96db. More like 98.5. I had to add a PMB SA and silent insert and now I just test at 96db.

i just see some 07 pipe for the yz 450 and i would like to know if it will work on the wr 450 from the header to the silencer and if i will see any improvement .do i need to rejet i have an kn n filter on.thanks

the YZ header pipe just bolts on but if you want WR muffler to match it youll have to replace/enlarge the seal ring connecting the two

Is it safe to assume the exhaust fit follows the frame? Ie: the '03-'05 steel frame exhausts are interchangeable and the '06-'09 aluminums are interchangeable (YZ450 to WR450).

Is it safe to assume the exhaust fit follows the frame? Ie: the '03-'05 steel frame exhausts are interchangeable and the '06-'09 aluminums are interchangeable (YZ450 to WR450).

I know thats correct on the aluminum frames anyways

I have the same setup, an 08 YZ on my 07 WR but mine would never test at 96db. More like 98.5. I had to add a PMB SA and silent insert and now I just test at 96db.

yeah, I got 2 buddies with the 08yz exhaust on their 08WRs and it ain't going to pass any 96db sound checks. you need the quieter of the two inserts to hit 96.

I have the 08 YZ header and silencer on my 07 and it's much better, more power everywhere! I put PMB end cap on for the spark arrestor!

Well I did it I went out and got a 09 YZ450 header and silence.

It bolted straight on to my 08 WR450 as I expected.

The power gain is awesome it was worth every cent. I havent re-jeted and the bike seems to be running fine.

It makes the bike feel quite different the power gain is really impressive so much easier to mono.

Thanks for the advice guys.