Anyone running one of these instead of grease?

The seals for your air filter have been around a long time.They may be Ok where you live.I will only use alot of grease,Too much fine dust in Baja.

I will only use alot of grease,Too much fine dust in Baja.

I have never used grease on my filter rim (or whatever its called) and I have ridden the best and worst parts of baja with ZERO issues. My 06 had 13K miles on it before I sold it and it started first kick every time. IMHO I think the Key to filter success is using GOOD quality filter oil like:

0000_Maxima_Fab-1_Spray-On_Filter_Treatment_--.jpg

Or

0000_Maxima_FFT_Foam_Filter_Treatment_--.jpg

check part # PC3 for wr apps.

I use grease on the foam seal rings but most my filters are Moose with the neoprene seal rings and they instruct you not to use grease as it will break down the neoprene... I like this because -

1. It's easy and clean to install.

2. They work... here in WA we have a ton of Mt. Saint Helen's ash in the soil both in Eastern WA and SW WA. I don't care where your from or how bad your silt beds are... this shit is the nastiest but these moose filters seat very well:thumbsup:

I also use the FFT from Maxima... I am convert from the BelRay.. I think the BelRay may be better at repelling water but is so damn thick:banghead:

I am also a firm believer and supporter of "factory foam" the open cell foam sheets you oil up and stick in your airbox along with your filter.... these will greatly extend your filter ability to breath well while still capturing a ton of dust:ride:

I am also a firm believer and supporter of "factory foam" the open cell foam sheets you oil up and stick in your airbox along with your filter.... these will greatly extend your filter ability to breath well while still capturing a ton of dust:ride:

Wazzat? Got any pics? I'm now at the point where no matter what filter/oil/grease combo I use, I always have a very fine layer of dust on the "clean" side of my air box - it always fails the white glove test. Been this way on my 400s too for as long as I have owned those bikes. I have been using Maxima FFT oil for the past couple of years.

Wazzat? Got any pics? I'm now at the point where no matter what filter/oil/grease combo I use, I always have a very fine layer of dust on the "clean" side of my air box - it always fails the white glove test. Been this way on my 400s too for as long as I have owned those bikes. I have been using Maxima FFT oil for the past couple of years.

I don't know if it will solve your problem but it is basically a pre-filter that is constructed of a more "open cell" foam than the filter itself. It captures, from what I can see, about 75% of dust before it even hits your filter bu because it's more porous, it continues to breathe very well...

here is a link to one of the many types or mfg's - http://offroad.parts-unlimited.com/9/91/8052349

I buy the 12 X 12 sheets and cut them in half for the WR. After I install a clean filter I oil one up and just kind place it in the airbox so it's covering as much of the filter as i can. I clean and re-use them.

I am here to testify that they GREATLY pro long filter life in dusty conditions! And un-like a filter skin, that just clogs and chokes the motor, these continue to breathe real well.

The Loudmouth was crazy expensive for what it is but I went for it...Two stage cageless filter, no greasing, absolutely no gaps, super quick to remove the filter, put on a cap, hose out the airbox, and put a clean filter in:

DSC04463small.jpg

I run them on two of my bikes. One is a DRZ SM running a K&N. Perfect seal with the Pro-Seal and no mess, was real easy to install. Onn my WR, it was more of a pain to get on as the shape is not a perfect circle and it took a while to make sure I knew which way it had to go. I have done sonereal dusty rides and I have no sign of dust in my airboot.

PC Racing ProSeal?

http://pcracingusa.com/store/index.php?cPath=8&osCsid=6c5937f3b9409b2352d8096f03909635

Looks brilliant but I didn't see a part number for the WR450 except the one you cut yourself. Feedback?

I'm really sick of grease.

Used these for the past couple of years and really like it. No sign of dust entering the "clean side" and super easy to change filters with no hassel or mess. I also hate grease..........