07+ headlight guard

Has anyone made or bought a good headlight guard for a 07 / 08 / 09 WR?

If you have post up a pic or a link to where to buy one please, my 04 light got smashed on the first ride so I need a guard asap!

A little off topic (I don't know who carries a headlight guard), but why not "YZ" it? Replace the light with the YZ number plate and install a YZF resistor kit (OEM) - you can find them on eBay.

Unless of course, you ride at night... :worthy:

I live in england which means my bike is legal bike as standard so I have to have lights.

What is a YZF resistor kit and what does it do?

EDIT:

http://atv.off-road.com/atv/article/articleDetail.jsp?id=191591

After thinking about it for a minute, I dont think the WR needs the resistor kit...

You need the resistor kit if you remove the headlight to prevent frying the regulator.

The ATV article is a good one, but doesn't touch on the real reason for doing the mod on the WRs.

bought my headlight guard on ebay has 4 velcro pads that stick on the headlight so you can take it off if you want. Only thing wrong is after a few years of dust and mud the velcro doesnt stick like it used to. I am going to put a dab of glue in the velcro when I next get out in the shed.

their add says it is clear so it probably does not look that bad. I just wish there was a better way, other than velcro, to attach it.

hi i bought one of ebay for my 08 just like the orange one but clear the thing is fine you dont know its on the bike the pads that fit it to the bike are not velco plastic pads they do the job fine i paid £19 to the door and still am very pleased with it

hi i bought one of ebay for my 08 just like the orange one but clear the thing is fine you dont know its on the bike the pads that fit it to the bike are not velco plastic pads they do the job fine i paid £19 to the door and still am very pleased with it

Sounds good, have you got a link? I cant find any. :worthy:

I wish someone made a metal one like you can get for ktm's.

78011909000.jpg