HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
devistating

Tire's (What do you put on your 450X)

44 posts in this topic

Thought I'd start a thread to see what tires everyone uses...

My favorite set up so far is.

Front = 80/100/21 Dunlop 756F RR (Race Replica) or Pirelli Scorpion XC MS

Rear = 120/100/18 Dunlop 739 Desert AT

I hope this stand will make my next tire change a little nicer...

7-9-09TireChangingstand001.jpg

7-9-09TireChangingstand002.jpg

:worthy:

I tried to start a poll but could'nt?? Is there some way to do that?

I've used a Dunlop trials rear - D803 for a while now. I really like it, but I do ride slow. I've just put a D803 front on & haven't ridden it yet. Any guesses whether I'll like it?

I just took off a Bridgestone front M403 (IT motocross tire) that finally wore out. I really didn't like it, but money doesn't grow on trees.

Thinking of going to a rear 739AT for my next desert trip but am afraid of the problems I might encouter if I have to fix a flat on the trail. Anyone have any experience/tips for changing a tube on the trail? Are these 4 ply tires pretty much flat proof when used with a Bridgestone UHD tube?

Thinking of going to a rear 739AT for my next desert trip but am afraid of the problems I might encouter if I have to fix a flat on the trail. Anyone have any experience/tips for changing a tube on the trail? Are these 4 ply tires pretty much flat proof when used with a Bridgestone UHD tube?

I hear with three good irons, getting the last bit of the AT over is not that bad.

Maybe consider tubliss? The setup seems to be getting rave reviews--less flats, can run at lower psi, less weight...

maxxis si, chomping at the bit to try the si radial!

Bryce

Very interesting, Bryce. Tell us more about the radial!:worthy:

I hear with three good irons, getting the last bit of the AT over is not that bad.

Maybe consider tubliss? The setup seems to be getting rave reviews--less flats, can run at lower psi, less weight...

just switched to tubliss myself. If i had my choice prior I would run the 739 flat until I made it back to the truck. This is not a tire to change on the trail unless you pack the big tire irons.

just switched to tubliss myself. If i had my choice prior I would run the 739 flat until I made it back to the truck. This is not a tire to change on the trail unless you pack the big tire irons.

I am dyin' to hear what you think of your current set-up:thumbsup: Might be exactly what I go with come September:thumbsup: :worthy::banana:

Front: I use a Pirelli scorpion xcmh

Rear: I use a D739 desert at or Maxxis IT desert at about 10 pounds

Hey, Thomas! You should change your handle to Midnight Rambler:thumbsup: I wish I would have been at the last night race to see you hauling ass:thumbsup: :worthy::banana: :banana: :banana:

maxxis si, chomping at the bit to try the si radial!

Bryce

Running Both Maxxis SI front and rear also and am waiting for them to wear out to try the radials also. I am very impressed with the SI so far. Run harescrambles where terrain changes from dirt-mud-sand-clay-rocks-ruts. Pretty much anything and everything and this tire grips good. I would like a little more aggressive front but cant complain bc it holds good. Starting to chuck a small bit in the back but overall great.

I am dyin' to hear what you think of your current set-up:thumbsup: Might be exactly what I go with come September:thumbsup: :worthy::banana:

Ran 140 miles this weekend in the mountains. Lots of rocks at high speed the first day. Second day was muddy and a difficult ride in the rocks.

Tubliss was great. Ran the rear at 14 lbs but started to drop the pressure down and ended up running about 10 all weekend. Front tire started at 17 lbs and kept dropping that till I got to 15 lbs. I could definitely go even lower on the front but the rocks at speed can definitely mangle a rim.

The inner bladder of the tubliss would lose about 5 lbs overnight so I would recheck it in the mornings and get it aired up. The tubliss has my vote.

It's good the hear the good things about the Tubliss , I'm thinking of trying them myself.

Maxis Desert IT front and rear with Bridgston Ultra Heavy Duty tubes. Those tubes are really heavy, I want tubliss.

Riding in Utah deserts and mountains. The tires seem pretty good, but not excellent, at everything. I suppose that's what you're asking for in an IT. The rear seems a little slippery on slick rock, but maybe that's my poor throttle control. Good tire life.

Hey, Thomas! You should change your handle to Midnight Rambler:thumbsup: I wish I would have been at the last night race to see you hauling ass:thumbsup: :worthy::banana: :banana: :banana:

Haha yea I had alot fun that night...going to the gym really does help.lol are u coming out to the September night race?