HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bogrocker

Cuts out in deep water

5 posts in this topic

On two occasions when I have ridden through deep water (covering the lower part of the engine), my WR has cut out and then refused to start for maybe 20 minutes or thereabouts. Both times I entered the water with a bit of speed. Any ideas why this happens? Am I submerging breather pipes that could cause the problem?

Help would be appreciated as I hate getting my feet wet :worthy:

There are 4 breathing tubes coming from the carburator. Two on each side.

One from each side must be re-routed further up in the frame.

Best is to route them pass the upper shock mount and under the seat in front of the battery.

Some earlier WR´s also have their valve cover breathing hoses originally routed down to the low part of the frame. This tube should be routed to the intake box via fittings.

There are 4 breathing tubes coming from the carburator. Two on each side.

One from each side must be re-routed further up in the frame.

Best is to route them pass the upper shock mount and under the seat in front of the battery.

Some earlier WR´s also have their valve cover breathing hoses originally routed down to the low part of the frame. This tube should be routed to the intake box via fittings.

:worthy:

I had the same problem and this will solve it. My bike is practically a submarine now.

1 person likes this

Thanks - will try this and see how it goes. Wonder why they don't route them like this in the first instance?

I had the exact same problem a couple weeks ago, the bike wouldn't restart. After leaning the bike over and leting some fresh gas flow out of the carb it fired right up.