HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lennie

04 jet kit in a 07

4 posts in this topic

Hoefully I will be picking up a 07 WR450 to replace my 04 WR450. The 04 bike had a JD jet kit fitted, will this fit the 07? You cant buy decent jet kits in england so they need shipping from america so end up costing a lot of $$$$$.

Hoefully I will be picking up a 07 WR450 to replace my 04 WR450. The 04 bike had a JD jet kit fitted, will this fit the 07? You cant buy decent jet kits in england so they need shipping from america so end up costing a lot of $$$$$.

If not, just use a YZ needle, you will have an excellent and affordable result. I took my JD jet kit out and used a YZ needle. The JD kit was a bit finicky to say the least.

Any jet kit or carb parts are expensive, i want to use as many of the upgraded parts from my 04 on a new bike as i can. I have hunted around and see the 07+ jet kit has a different part number but I thought they had the same carb?? Does anyone know?

I transferred the JD Red needle from one of my 99 WR400s to my 07 WR450 when I first bought the bike, as I was impatient to ride it and didn't want to wait for the 07 specific needle to come in. It ran so well, I canceled the order for the 07 specific kit. It's now, by far, the best carburetored bike I have owned. Whether or not the 07 specific red needle would improve on things, I guess I'll never know.