04 jet kit in a 07

Hoefully I will be picking up a 07 WR450 to replace my 04 WR450. The 04 bike had a JD jet kit fitted, will this fit the 07? You cant buy decent jet kits in england so they need shipping from america so end up costing a lot of $$$$$.

Hoefully I will be picking up a 07 WR450 to replace my 04 WR450. The 04 bike had a JD jet kit fitted, will this fit the 07? You cant buy decent jet kits in england so they need shipping from america so end up costing a lot of $$$$$.

If not, just use a YZ needle, you will have an excellent and affordable result. I took my JD jet kit out and used a YZ needle. The JD kit was a bit finicky to say the least.

Any jet kit or carb parts are expensive, i want to use as many of the upgraded parts from my 04 on a new bike as i can. I have hunted around and see the 07+ jet kit has a different part number but I thought they had the same carb?? Does anyone know?

I transferred the JD Red needle from one of my 99 WR400s to my 07 WR450 when I first bought the bike, as I was impatient to ride it and didn't want to wait for the 07 specific needle to come in. It ran so well, I canceled the order for the 07 specific kit. It's now, by far, the best carburetored bike I have owned. Whether or not the 07 specific red needle would improve on things, I guess I'll never know.