Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bloggs

WR450f lowering link too low

7 posts in this topic

I have just fitted a lowering link to a wr450 and its a tad too low now, it probably has dropped about 1.5". Half that would of been perfect. Any ideas how to increase height about .5". Would a heavier spring work?

Chears Bloggs

I have just fitted a lowering link to a wr450 and its a tad too low now, it probably has dropped about 1.5". Half that would of been perfect. Any ideas how to increase height about .5". Would a heavier spring work?

Chears Bloggs

Have you set your sag (100mm)?

I am looking for a lowering link for my WR450 2005. I have shaved the seat about an inch and lowered the forks as much as possible but still need the rear down a bit. Where did you get your link and how much did it set you back? If you decide to take it off of yours I might be interested in buying it from you.

There are several on the market. Before you buy one, is your sag set properly? Some riders can get a bit of lowering and make their bike ride so much better just by getting their WRF in the 3.9 to 4.1 inch sag range.

I presume you have, but just in case, here's a tutorial on sag: http://www.tootechracing.com/suspension_tips.htm

You can also have a good suspension shop/tuner install spacers to lower your bike. Decreases travel but does not alter the bike's geometry. Also, depending on your weight, a lowering link may require you to get a heavier spring rate due to the increased leverage which makes the bike both more plush but also bottom easier; if you're on the verge of needing a heavier spring with the stock setup on your 05 WR450F (about 180 pounds without gear) you will most definitely need to spring (no pun intended) for new springs with a lowering link if it has an increased leverage ratio.

I am looking for a lowering link for my WR450 2005. I have shaved the seat about an inch and lowered the forks as much as possible but still need the rear down a bit. Where did you get your link and how much did it set you back? If you decide to take it off of yours I might be interested in buying it from you.
1 person likes this

Thanks for the advise about the sag , it has been set and checked. After I posted the message about buying the link I was fooling around on e-bay and found one for a pretty good price and bought it but thanks for the offer.