HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
4blue

odometer reset?

9 posts in this topic

Could someone tell me if and when I need to disconnect the battery on my WR 450 whether it will re-set the odometer or not. It seems that I've heard that it will but I like keeping track of the miles, so I hope not.:worthy:

Well on my 07 it still keeps track of total miles when disconnected.

I've heard others say different though :worthy:

IIRC the canadian WRs are street legal? Therefore by law the odometer cannot reset.

I know for a fact the US version will reset if the battery is disconnected. The night I brought my bike home it had .2 miles on the both tripmeters. The subframe had to go (battery disconnect) and when everything was put back together both tripmeters said "0.0" on them.

Also, don't the US meters only go up to three digits (999 miles) before resetting to zero? You will have to keep track of how many times it has gone around in addition to the mileage indicated.

My Canadian '07 goes to 5 digits (km's) on the total mileage accumulated and doesn't reset when the battery is disconnected. The trip counters only go to 3 digits and they seem to reset with the battery being disconnected. I have to disagree with JSanfillipo, as the Canadian WR's are not street legal in Canada. ( at least not in Alberta ). I have heard of a few getting plated, but only due to a "less than up to speed" registry agent not checking the info correctly. -- WR Dave

IIRC the canadian WRs are street legal? Therefore by law the odometer cannot reset.

I know for a fact the US version will reset if the battery is disconnected. The night I brought my bike home it had .2 miles on the both tripmeters. The subframe had to go (battery disconnect) and when everything was put back together both tripmeters said "0.0" on them.

Not street legal off the showroom floor in Canada.

The 2 short trips reset but the overall mileage stays, on my bike anyways.

Not street legal off the showroom floor in Canada.

The 2 short trips reset but the overall mileage stays, on my bike anyways.

Ok I didn't know for sure thus the question mark. Thats for clearing that up.

I wish we had the overal mileage function here on the U.S. bikes.

Ok I didn't know for sure thus the question mark. Thats for clearing that up.

I wish we had the overal mileage function here on the U.S. bikes.

+1 :worthy::banana::banana: :banana: :banana:

+1 :worthy::banana::banana: :banana: :banana:

The Vapor will take care of that. Plus, it has some other neat features - tach, coolant temp...