Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ForumSn0w

Finally picked one up!

13 posts in this topic

Well, after searching endlessly for a few weeks now, I was able to find an 06' WR450 for a reasonable price, need a little work as the front fork seals are starting to go, but other than that it seems pretty sound. It's basically bone stock except for bars and brush guards and front frame plates. Cant wait for the work week to end.

P1020060.jpg

P1020058.jpg

P1020063.jpg

Where are you planning to ride that thing? Did the previous owner give you the AIS just in case you need it to ride in one of the SVRAs

Nice find. Barely used finds like this kick ass!

why the search for an 06'?

I think his search was for a reasonably price WR that was in great condition...not necessarily an 06 :worthy:

way to go!, I love my '06, I kept all my AIS stuff if you need it.

I bought the 06' only because it was a good price, I had the intention on getting an 07' with the new frame, but they are hard to come by under 3500 (btw, I picked mine up for 2900) Oh and will the rangers look for the AIS stuff when I pull into the park? I'm not sure if it is removed yet or not. Haven't had enough time to go through the bike completely, plus it's my first four stroke. I plan on using it up in the foresthill, georgetown area then branching out across the state once I pickup my own trailer. Currently I have to rely on the kindness of my friends.

I bought the 06' only because it was a good price, I had the intention on getting an 07' with the new frame, but they are hard to come by under 3500 (btw, I picked mine up for 2900) Oh and will the rangers look for the AIS stuff when I pull into the park? I'm not sure if it is removed yet or not. Haven't had enough time to go through the bike completely, plus it's my first four stroke. I plan on using it up in the foresthill, georgetown area then branching out across the state once I pickup my own trailer. Currently I have to rely on the kindness of my friends.

They will not check at FH or GT but they will check at prarie shitty, mammoth bar, carnegie, and hollister hills.

Yes the previous owner of your bike removed the AIS. This is what the side of the engine looks like with the AIS installed. Note the air pump behind the kickstarter and all the plumbing that routes above the header and into the cylinder head.

AIS.jpg

That sucks about the ais crap, oh well. I would be nice to head out to shitty city and mammoth once and a while after work because they are close. Oh well I can always give it a shot. Yeah we are all gonna have to meet up some time and get a group ride one of these days. I can't wait to pick up a trailer for myself, sucks only owning a car.

we paying 7k for the same bike is australia. you yanks have it good :banana:

Holy :worthy: I can't believe how much these things are going for over there. What are they new? "One billion dollars"

13k new. yamaha have a $1000 cash back offer atm, deal with cash and u can pick one up new on road for $11500.

its the same with cars. 45k for a mazda cx7 here and i think you guys pick them up for 25?