HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brett frederickson

I need a headlight!

5 posts in this topic

I have searched around but want some input and ideas.

So far I have looked at baja designs , ricky stator and custom bracket with a soltech light all with halogen since I have no battery.

Iam going to install a eline stator.

mostly ride mexico and dezert. Some single track.

bike is a 02 yz426f

thanks in advance

can you get or do you have the e-line stator already? cause that might be your biggest problem as i know they discontinued them for the 450's so probably wont have luck finding a new one unless you already got one....

z

I have searched around but want some input and ideas.

So far I have looked at baja designs , ricky stator and custom bracket with a soltech light all with halogen since I have no battery.

Iam going to install a eline stator.

mostly ride mexico and dezert. Some single track.

bike is a 02 yz426f

thanks in advance

Brett, how much juice will the e-line give you? If this is one of those high power stators you are in business. Probably the best bang for the buck would be a Baja Designs standard headlight and convert it to hid using a ballast and bulb off Ebay and either a Baja Designs or Trailtech nicad battery in your airbox along with a regulator/rectifier. This is the same way it's done with XR650R's and a very cheap alternative to buying a Diablo.

I have a eline stator, Iam going to build a custom bracket with a battery and a hid light off the tripe clamp.

thanks for the input

peace