HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jams229

'07 Wr450 Floating Disc Problems

3 posts in this topic

I am having a tough time with my front disc brake. I have bent 3 of them in the past 4 months! I have never bent a front disc on any of my previous bikes. So, is the floating disc design flawed, or weaker than the solid discs?

Or, have I just had some bad luck? Also, has anyone ever switched to a solid disc? Please let me know what you think.

ALSO, I would think a front disc guard would help? Does anyone know who makes one for the WR450? I think Devol makes a metal one. Maybe Acerbis makes a plastic one?

Thanks.

Yes, you are having bad luck and yes, a guard may reduce the amount of bad luck you are having.

Try one of these Flatland ones. Easy bolt on, solid protection. Mines taken a few good hits from the giant granite boulders we have around here, not to mention logs and stumps. Had it for 2 yrs now on my 07.

P1010251.jpg