HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IBLucky

15 tooth front sprocket, anyone use one on there WR 450?

6 posts in this topic

Stock is a 14t. on my 07 wr 450, but a friend who I ride with says I will enjoy having a 15t. on my bike better and is adamant about me trying it. but I am not really sure if I need that tall of gearing. I mostly ride Cal City, Dove Springs area etc. and I didn't really think I needed to change anything besides just geting better at not grabing so much throttle so I didn't spin the rear so much.

So is any one using a 15t. and and does it really help this?

Oh and buy the way he has not ridden my bike yet, and rides a 07 CRF 450 that he went up one tooth on his bike and swears buy it, I told him he has different gearing than mine so I didn't think it was the same comparison between the two bikes. I think he's crazy....or at least suffering from somthing....

Stock is a 14t. on my 07 wr 450

NO, stock on the 07+ WR's is a 13T

Double check what you currently have on your bike...if its a 13T then make the switch to a 14T for desert type stuff (I did and its :worthy: )

Thats right stock is 13.On my 07 went to 14t.Lot better for singal track,long rides.Also for keeping the rpms down in 5th.

You are right it's a 13t. I will try the 14t. I went and picked up one today,

Sorry' I don't have a biger one but I do have the original with out the black outs. they took that one down because.. I don't know you couldn't really see anything' well maybe if you were squinting you might and with a little imagination you might something. (something about a family site.. I forget)