Sprocket size ?

I just got a brand new 09 wr450, what rear spocket size will help with performance ?, bottom end pull and etc.

I just got a brand new 09 wr450, what rear spocket size will help with performance ?, bottom end pull and etc.

Uncork and re-jet first.

Yeah i have done all the so called free mods. I just want to find out what rear sprockets other people have played around with.

Well, personaly I haven,t played with sprocket size yet, but after all the free mod,s a slip-0n DR.D was my best upgrade power-wise, 4th gear gas, 5th gear and a modest pull on the handle bars and it's up! :worthy:

You could drop a tooth on the front sprocket and try that as a starting point!

The 09 header is small, go get a DR.D full s.s. system. Check e-bay out for a good deal - $400 and under if you can find one in an auction!

A cheaper route would be a used yz system, $100.

You could drop a tooth on the front sprocket and try that as a starting point!

That will be way too low, trust me.... been there done that.

If your convinced you want a little more bottom via gearing, I would start with a 49 or 48.... buy cheaper steel ones:thumbsup:

If your convinced you want a little more bottom via gearing, I would start with a 49 or 48.... buy cheaper steel ones:thumbsup:

isnt stock a 50 on the rear?

isnt stock a 50 on the rear?

Yeah... I partied kinda hard on the 4th am I am still focused on my DS gearing ideas.:worthy:

51T or 52T...

Yeah... I partied kinda hard on the 4th am I am still focused on my DS gearing ideas.:banana:

51T or 52T...

Its all good...on my 08, the best "do it all" gearing (that I have found) is 14/50

The reason I say that, is I can cruse at 50, blast 90+ and single track :worthy:

Its all good...on my 08, the best "do it all" gearing (that I have found) is 14/50

The reason I say that, is I can cruse at 50, blast 90+ and single track :worthy:

Thats what I am running as well but considering dropping a tooth on the rear... I don't know, maybe going to a 51 :banana:

Im running 13 52 on my 07, added 2 to the rear. Do a ton of tight technical riding and its helped alot

There is always a sacrafice when it comes to spending a buck, you can cut the baffles out of your stocker-- or a used yz full system or a dr.d is the way to go ---- period --- and play with your jets.:banana::worthy: