best exhuast

hey guys i got an 08 yz450 and am looking to put on a new exhuast system. Moneys not really a problem so what do you reckon.

Is money not a problem because you don't have the bike yet?

The reason I ask is I see you asked about exhausts on friday for your 08, then asked yesterday if you should buy an 06 or an 08???

And you did say you didn't want power but rather responsiveness on the other post, yes?

Here's my review of the FMF copied from another post:

I just switched from WB AlumPro II to the FMF Q4ti with the Megabomb ti...

I did loose bottom end snap doing so (the WB is great at boosting bottom end, but is loud as hell)...So I went to a 50T sprocket...That helped bring back the low gear snap a bit...The FMF seems to have amazing mid range though (the bike seems to just get super responsive and powerful in the midrange, but in a smooth way)...It's just trippy, I can't explain it...I think maybe because the exhaust is so quiet, you can hear the motor working into it's RPM sweet spot better, as opposed to hearing pop out the back muffler of the bike, so you tend to be able to hold it in that zone better...My speed coming out of corners (and overall really) actually improved dramatically, I believe because I'm spinning the rear tire less while in the bottom end range...

It's super smooth, super quiet...If I were racing I'd probably get something with a bit more snap to it...But for practice days at the track, camping trips with the crew, day rides in the desert, etc. quiet and smooth is the way to go...

never thought much of the DRD for power on any of my bikes, YZs included. Nice quality though.

MRD is what you want. Great performance, quiet with the insert and lifetime crash warranty. Cannot be beat for under $500

• 2 months later...
never thought much of the DRD for power on any of my bikes, YZs included. Nice quality though.

MRD is what you want. Great performance, quiet with the insert and lifetime crash warranty. Cannot be beat for under $500

I liked what the Dr. D did on my 06, never tried an MRD piped bike to compare it though.

hey guys i got an 08 yz450 and am looking to put on a new exhuast system. Moneys not really a problem so what do you reckon.

Here's another opportunity for me to post my usuall:

Why don't you just save the $700 and spend that money on getting your suspension revalved and set up to your weight and ability ?

Keep the dam bike stock !!! , (and reasonably quiet is a bonus to us all).....

Here's another opportunity for me to post my usuall:

Why don't you just save the $700 and spend that money on getting your suspension revalved and set up to your weight and ability ?

Keep the dam bike stock !!! , (and reasonably quiet is a bonus to us all).....

The DRD IS reasonably quiet, and the '08, unlike your '07, is missing 5-7 hp at 5000 because of the shorty exhaust. That's why. And the DRD or MRD pipes can be had for $400 or so, not $700. $58 each for 7 midrange HP isn't bad in my book.

For $700 you could do the DRD and the suspension. (less the springs)