HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Navaho6

T2 clutch cable 2" longer

5 posts in this topic

Compared to the stock clutch cable, my Motion Pro T2 clutch cable length is 2" longer. I don't think there any way to adjust out 2"...........Is there?

Compared to the stock clutch cable, my Motion Pro T2 clutch cable length is 2" longer. I don't think there any way to adjust out 2"...........Is there?

Do you mean the braided inner cable is 2" longer than the one you replaced? You verified this before installing?

That would make it the wrong cable, if there is more exposed braided inner cable on the new cable.

The whole thing is 2" longer. It fits the bike and works but with the added length, the cable has to bend more than the stocker and that makes it a harder pull. I'm very dissapointed in Motion Pro. They should have made this an exact replica of the OEM. If you have bar risers and tall bars, it might work but they did not advertise it as such.

A 2" longer cable should have zero effect on clutch pull. The issue is how you have the cable routed. You must route it so it is one big arc on it's way to the lever.

I got the T2 throttle cable and it worked perfect and was the same length. So the clutch cable is longer....hmmmm....I would call and ask to see if someone can help you out.