HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DirtyBikeMike

2006 YZ450f parting out prices?

8 posts in this topic

I have a 06 450 that I have been thinking about parting out. What do you guys think the motor, suspension, and frame are worth? bike is in running order.

1200 for the motor w/ carb and electronics,4-600 for the suspension and 3-500 for the frame w/ title.

IMO, I don't think you can really win by parting them out. It takes a lot of work ripping them down, listing & advertising parts, dealing with people, dealing with Paypal, etc, etc...

If you want it gone, sell it cheap. :worthy:

The market is really crappy for selling or parting out right now. Good if you are buyer bad if you are a seller.

market is low...i just picked up a super clean 06 yz450f for $2800 with a completly fresh engine with some hop up parts and over $2500 in just chasis upgrades..i actually found it in the classifieds here!

Honestly the paypal and shipping is a hassle..

I agree. Dealing with phone calls and low ball prices. Its not worth the hassle of tear down.

If your not in a rush store it, ride it every once in a while, and wait for the market to rise then you can sell it.