650R Air Filters

I am looking to get an xtra air filter for my 650R

I would like somthing that flows more air then stock!

I have looked at Twin air, and there are two models one with a cage and one without!?

what one is best?

also the dealer says K&N Voids your warrentie cause they can leak!, mind you how would they know I used one.

anyways I would like to hear what you guys recomend!

My bike is uncorked! ?

I have had leakage problems with the stock and the UNI. I switched to the K&N and think this is the best possible. It simply fits so well that it looks like it should have come stock with the motorcycle. Be sure to use plenty of grease at the sealing surface, no matter which you use. Also, cleaning intervals with the K&N are greater than the others.

Never had a leak problem with stock either. I have put electricians tape around the border of the backfire screen. I have two stock filters, always have a clean one ready.

The K&N supposedly has a more open mesh and could let fine particles through if not cleaned and oiled often.

XRGUY,

Why do you think you need more airflow, have you performed a dyno test?

One more thing I forgot to mention is that I put water proof grease along the inside box where the filter rests to help catch anything that might want to get around the filter.

I know this sounds like common knowledge, but alot of people dont do this F.Y.I.

Dave @ www.winnersedgeracing.com ( for arm-pump elimination check out the site)

I run a UNI on my bike. It is a bit of work to install, but done correctly it seals well and flows the most air of any currently available filter on the market. The UNI does not require the stock backfire screen, it comes with an aluminum support frame that sits inside the filter.