Yzf 426 oil recomendation.

I know this is a issue thats has been discused many times, but i still have to ask. The Swedish Yamaha dealer says they recomend mineral oil in the 426 engine according to the manufacturer. Not synthetic oils at all, what shall i use? :worthy:

Yamaha Sweden does! And most of the oil discutions here doesnt result in any usable information, mosty which brand is better than others and so on. I need facts, what oil to use in my newly bought 426 -01.

Did you read the link I posted?

Read this one, too, then:

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2685432#post2685432

Then download an owner's manual from either of these:

http://www.yamaha-motor-europe.com/community/service/manuals.jsp

http://www.yamahaownershandbook.com.au/?r=0

...and look on page 2-1 and/or 3-14. The only oils Yamaha cautions against using are those marked "Friction Modified", "Energy Conserving II" (API EC II), etc. Two of the oils specifically recommended in the manual are synthetic. There is no reason not to use synthetic oil, and several reasons why you should.

Yamaha Sweden does! And most of the oil discutions here doesnt result in any usable information, mosty which brand is better than others and so on. I need facts, what oil to use in my newly bought 426 -01.

Here is a fact for you... The best oil is clean oil, find a brand that you like (synthetic or dino) and keep it changed.

Of course everybody will post what they think is better, but at the end of the day, clean oil is the best oil. :worthy:

I disagree with the whole, "just change it often" mentality...

There is significant differences as to which oils perform well when used cross platform (the same oil as both engine and transmission lube)...

A crappy engine oil can break down in the gearbox after just a few laps...

Here is a fact for you... The best oil is clean oil

Sorry but you're entirely wrong...Even though you drain it after a few hours and it looks nice and clean, it wasn't functioning correctly...

You can have nice clean oil, but even though you put in 10-40w after a few minutes its only 10-15w oil, and lubing your tranny about as good as WD40 would, lol...

Amsoil seems to be the best at holding its viscosity in the gearbox...

Yamaha Sweden does!

Where? I don't see that in the European manual? There are many versions of the Yamalube 4, and one that they specifically list in the manual is the 4-R which is semi-synthetic...

And most of the oil discutions here doesnt result in any usable information.

Are you being serious? I've read such an over abundance of oil facts and info on here it's ridiculous...Way more than I ever needed to know, lol...

I need facts, what oil to use in my newly bought 426 -01.

Gray provided you with links to tons of oil facts...Yet you took the dealership's advice (bad move)...

Sorry but you're entirely wrong...Even though you drain it after a few hours and it looks nice and clean, it wasn't functioning correctly...

You can have nice clean oil, but even though you put in 10-40w after a few minutes its only 10-15w oil, and lubing your tranny about as good as WD40 would, lol...

Amsoil seems to be the best at holding its viscosity in the gearbox...

LOL. I'm entirely wrong?.... Okay, the best oil is dirty oil. :worthy:

I know where this is going, so I'll get right to the point. Hundreds of 4 stroke owners use 15W40 (and other dino oils) with NO PROBLEMS. My best advice is to change it often, which is damn good advice.

Amsoil vs. Rotella 15W40 (and other dino oil) discussions will never stop but the bottom line is I can buy a gallon of oil for what one quart of Snakeoil costs. Sure I change my oil every ride, but I did that when I ran the high dollar Motorex too. The other bottom line is I know I will not have an oil related failure from using it...

LOL. I'm entirely wrong?.... Okay, the best oil is dirty oil. :worthy:

Hahaha...OK, not entirely wrong...lol

But what I mean is there are LOTS of people out there with the mentality of putting just about anything in there as long as they change it every ride...They think that just because the oil appears spotless when they drain it that it was working fine, when in fact the gearbox can destroy the oil viscosity very rapidly...So even though your oil looks brand spanking new and you only rode it for a couple of hours before changing it, your bike is being worn down excessively because your oil viscosity looses it's range and is way too thin...

That is why I said to use "a motorcycle specific oil" in my post earlier. This will prevent the problem you are talking about with the trans wearing out the oil quickly. Moto specific oils are designed for the gears and clutch as well. Are some bettter than others? Sure. But pick any at a moto supplier and it is sure to be fine especially if you change it often. If you go pick up some valvoline then obviously that causes it's own problems.

Where? I don't see that in the European manual? There are many versions of the Yamalube 4, and one that they specifically list in the manual is the 4-R which is semi-synthetic...

Only cause you cant find it in the european manual does that not mean that Yamaha Sweden cant have their recomendations. Europe is not a country, it is a continent. :worthy:

Only cause you cant find it in the european manual does that not mean that Yamaha Sweden cant have their recomendations. Europe is not a country, it is a continent. :worthy:

:banana: :banana: :banana:

Wow, you guys are busting my balls...So what you mean by saying "Yamaha Sweden" recommends it, you just mean some guy that works in the parts department at a Yamaha dealership in Sweden recommends it?

:banana::worthy::banana:

Wow, you guys are busting my balls...So what you mean by saying "Yamaha Sweden" recommends it, you just mean some guy that works in the parts department at a Yamaha dealership in Sweden recommends it?

Well, i can only refer to what the dealer told me. But he said that he had been informed to recomend mineral in these engines from mainoffice, in the end i dont think it matters if i use mineral or synthetic......:banana:

if i was listening to everything the guys at the dealership told me id probebly see them alot more often, and belive me i see them more then enough as is.

dont be cheap on your oil, it only takes 1 liter.

around here the yamasand is alwayes on sale y?

Maybe the chinese have some cheap superoil.....:worthy: ...they are manufacturing almost everything soon, so why not oil. I saw a dealer here who sold "advanced and comparable with established brand" 250 4-stroke crossers made in China. If 23 horsepower is comparable can be discussed!

But who knows, maybe in 5-10 years.:banana: