HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ThrottleJocky

HORN!

9 posts in this topic

Try contacting ElectrexUSA. They have some very high quality dual-sport products and specialize in converting off road bikes. I imagine they have something that would work. they're very good at returning emails.

Good Luck

Step 1: Get a cheap 12V motorcyle horn

Step 2: Make a small bracket out of metal and bolt it to the lower tripleclamp then bolt the horn to that.

Step 3: Get a kill switch (it will be the horn switch) and mount it to your handlebars

Step 4: Wire the horn to your battery through the switch

Step 5: Push the horn button and listen to it toot

In the past I've used a couple of hose clamps and clamped (to the bars) one of those disposable airhorns you hear at sporting events.

Cheap and easy :)

I went to radio shack. bought a 12v dc buzzer. 4$

105dbs pushbutton switch 1.29$ wired to light harness

used velcro & attached to back side of # plate cheap but effective. & all components are out of sight.

Baja Designs makes one for $20. Passes Colorado DMV inspection. About the size of a cigarette pack, operates on 9V battery, buit-in mount strap for your fork, push button that clamps to your handlebar. Way loud, way trick.

High plains......do you happen to know the part # for that baja horn ? i cant find it on their web site.

thanx.

You're right, could not find it either. It's called a Mega Horn. If you did a TT search on Mega Horn you'd find a posting by Jim Patterson refering to the Baja MegaHorn. I ordered one the same day from Baja. Must now be discontinued (sold out?) from Baja. Product Innovation Ltd. manufactures the item and they have a website. It is, of course, www.productinnovation.com.