HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
redneckracer1966

Rekluse z satrt pro clutch

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone found a place to buy this clutch that won't require me to sell the truck I use to haul my bike? I have no problem spending money on the good stuff but I want the best deal possible. And has anyone heard anything about running oils other than rotella, such as royal purple , with this clutch? I love royal purple so if anyone knows anything I'd appreciate the help before I spend my money on it. Thanks.

I picked one up from e-bay (used) for $310 shipped. It came with all the original parts and the box. It took a little while to find it, but it was definitely worth the wait.

I love that thing, it really makes riding much more fun and easier for me. I have no dreams of becoming pro, I just like too jump and ride around with my over-the-hill friends.

I have been using Rotella (Dino style) this entire season with no complaints, or funny smells. I ride MX tracks only, and change the oil and filter after every 2nd ride. I would estimate that I realistically put about 2 hours of actual riding on it, per session. (I also put another 20 hours of really fast, on the rev limiter, bench racing on it every week. :worthy: I'm a legend in my own mind! )

i bought mine through Thumpertalk's store ----- best deal going for a new setup.

I wouldnt write the clutch off because you love Royal Purple in other things --- the clutch needs a heavy duty oil thats formulated to work in a gearbox, -- i think Royal Purple has a motorcycle specific oil for that, but i made the mistake of buying the automotive junk and drained it quickly.

Rotella is what Rekluse recommends, so that is what i use