Is this a fair trade for my 426?

I love the power of my 426 but sometimes it is just to much weight to lug around all day. I have the chance to trade it straight up for a 98 kx 250, just wondering what peoples thoughts were, if you would do the trade.

Specs on the bikes

01 426

pretty much stock except for white brothers exhaust

has new plastics and looks good

98 KX 250 ***note, there is receipts for all work

new top and bottom end

new clutch

new tires, tubes

full fmf, boysen reeds, jetted carb

new chain and sprockets

new renthal bars

bark busters

new plastics and graphics

Thanks

I'm wondering if you trail ride, because i just got done riding two stroke on the trails and i am very happy i went with four stroke. You always have to have them two strokes reved up. It sounds to me like a a good trade, just depends if want the power all the way through the throttle.

The condition of the two will be the key factor.

If that 4 banger is getting close to a rebuild i would swap maybe.

No.

Hell, no.

In the first place, it's a two stroke.

Second, his bike is worth barely two thirds what yours is, if that. You should be able to do much better.

No.

Hell, no.

In the first place, it's a two stroke.

Second, his bike is worth barely two thirds what yours is, if that. You should be able to do much better.

I agree with everything said especially hell no

Why do you dislike two-strokes so much Grayracer?

I just traded my 2001 YZ250 in mint condition for an 01 426.... I feel as though I got the better end of the deal even though the plastics are in bad shape. I loved the yz 250, but Ill admit that for the type of riding I do (trail) I would much rather have the 426!

yea I had my reservations about it that's why I asked, I think I will keep looking.

I do think that the kx is worth less money than the yz 426, but it is a better woods bike in my opinion. The yz426 is pretty heavy, and that compression release starting process is pretty dated and annoying. The 426 doesn't like going slow either. See if you can get 2 or 3 hundred bucks on top. That should even it out.