07-09 WR tank on 06+ YZ?

I need more fuel capacity for trail rides, and I'm not real fond of what I've been reading about either the Clarke or IMS options and was considering a WR tank on my YZ. I've seen a few threads that mention that if I wanted to do this, I'd have to use WR shrouds as well... just curious if there's any truth to the rumor or not.

I need more fuel capacity for trail rides, and I'm not real fond of what I've been reading about either the Clarke or IMS options and was considering a WR tank on my YZ. I've seen a few threads that mention that if I wanted to do this, I'd have to use WR shrouds as well... just curious if there's any truth to the rumor or not.

I think so (on the WR Shrouds).... the stock WR tank is not much larger than the YZ tank... we have to switch to the YZ shrouds to use the IMS.

Where in WA are you? I have a set up you can try out with the tank and shrouds but I ride loops in WA year round and I run the IMS 3.1 cause the WR stocker had a range of 60 miles maybe :worthy:

I think so (on the WR Shrouds).... the stock WR tank is not much larger than the YZ tank... we have to switch to the YZ shrouds to use the IMS.

Where in WA are you? I have a set up you can try out with the tank and shrouds but I ride loops in WA year round and I run the IMS 3.1 cause the WR stocker had a range of 60 miles maybe :worthy:

I'm over on the east side north of Spokane. That's a bummer on the shrouds, because I'd hate to lose my snazzy One Industries graphics :lol: If I could get 60-70 miles out of a tank I'd be happy, though you WA boys seem to like longer loops a lot more than the ID boys I grew up riding with :lol:

I just bought a 07 wr450 does anyone know how to uncork it