HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dirtrider999

e button problem

6 posts in this topic

first off i tried seaching but i couldnt find anything. so i went to start my 2007 wr450f today and to my surprise all it made was a buzzing noise when i pressed the botton. now the computer thing is working and it kickstarts no problem. so i didtheeasyiest thing to do and cleaned all the main plugs and conection right under the seat and tried changeing thefuse and still nothing.forgive me if its a stupid question but this is my first bike with the magic botton.

I think you need to put a charge on the battery. Have you checked the voltage?

My 2006 is doing the same thing but mine started right after I washed the bike. I must have gotten the starter relay under the seat wet. I tested the relay per the manual and it appeared to test o.k. but it also seem to reset itself when I tested it. Once I tested it and was able to kickstart it but soon as I tried the electric start then even the kickstart would not work. I ordered a new relay. Hopefully that will solve my issue. The relay is $41 here on Thumpertalk so it was a cheap trial and error before I take it to a shop.

Kurt

This happens to me every season. Charge the battery over night with an auto off charging system. If you still have problems and all connections are clean and dry, get a new battery.

thanks for the help. il trysome of our suggestions and il let you know when i get back from my trip