HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
havoc97

overheated now no start?

5 posts in this topic

so i overheated my bike a few days ago(02' wr426) and now it wont start. it drained a considerable amount of fluid onto my driveway, but the radiator is still full, the resevoir is not. I know im an idiot for leaving it idle in the driveway in 90 degree humid weather but i got distracted and only noticed it overheating when I heard it boiling over. I am not very mechanically inclined but am capable of some things. I may just talk it to yamaha dealer tomorrow, or are there some things i should check before i bring it in and spend big money.

is it possible that this is a minor thing? any advice would be great guys.

thanks in advance,

jordan

so i overheated my bike a few days ago(02' wr426) and now it wont start. it drained a considerable amount of fluid onto my driveway, but the radiator is still full, the resevoir is not. I know im an idiot for leaving it idle in the driveway in 90 degree humid weather but i got distracted and only noticed it overheating when I heard it boiling over. I am not very mechanically inclined but am capable of some things. I may just talk it to yamaha dealer tomorrow, or are there some things i should check before i bring it in and spend big money.

is it possible that this is a minor thing? any advice would be great guys.

thanks in advance,

jordan

Can we get some more info- you say "it doesn't start." What's it doing? Go through the steps.. Check the plug (color). Does that year have a main ignition fuse?

anyone before i just take this sucker in to the dealer?

That is great advice buzzerd.:worthy:

On the other hand Havoc, you may have fried your engine. Good luck