overheated now no start?

so i overheated my bike a few days ago(02' wr426) and now it wont start. it drained a considerable amount of fluid onto my driveway, but the radiator is still full, the resevoir is not. I know im an idiot for leaving it idle in the driveway in 90 degree humid weather but i got distracted and only noticed it overheating when I heard it boiling over. I am not very mechanically inclined but am capable of some things. I may just talk it to yamaha dealer tomorrow, or are there some things i should check before i bring it in and spend big money.

is it possible that this is a minor thing? any advice would be great guys.

thanks in advance,

jordan

anyone before i just take this sucker in to the dealer?

so i overheated my bike a few days ago(02' wr426) and now it wont start. it drained a considerable amount of fluid onto my driveway, but the radiator is still full, the resevoir is not. I know im an idiot for leaving it idle in the driveway in 90 degree humid weather but i got distracted and only noticed it overheating when I heard it boiling over. I am not very mechanically inclined but am capable of some things. I may just talk it to yamaha dealer tomorrow, or are there some things i should check before i bring it in and spend big money.

is it possible that this is a minor thing? any advice would be great guys.

thanks in advance,

jordan

Can we get some more info- you say "it doesn't start." What's it doing? Go through the steps.. Check the plug (color). Does that year have a main ignition fuse?

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of.

anyone before i just take this sucker in to the dealer?

That is great advice buzzerd.:worthy:

On the other hand Havoc, you may have fried your engine. Good luck