HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harvmushman

Picked up brand new '06 (yeah, 2006) -- old school pics

18 posts in this topic

For those of you who forgot what the steel-framed biked looked like brand new, here are a few pics. I just bought the bike last week off ebay from a dealer in Wyo. He still had a brand new 2006! The discount was pretty sweet:ride:

This will be my new Baja bike, replacing a DRZ. I could tell in the shakedown ride it's going to be huge down in the desert:thumbsup:

On the way back I stopped of at the dunes in Idaho to break her in.

Now time to set it up for Baja.

Picture010.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Man, looking at a new bike makes me want to run down to the dealer and pony up for one...

For those of you who forgot what the steel-framed biked looked like brand new, here are a few pics. I just bought the bike last week off ebay from a dealer in Wyo. He still had a brand new 2006! The discount was pretty sweet:ride:

This will be my new Baja bike, replacing a DRZ. I could tell in the shakedown ride it's going to be huge down in the desert:thumbsup:

Picture010.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture029.jpg

That is beautiful!!!!

For those of you who forgot what the steel-framed biked looked like brand new, here are a few pics. I just bought the bike last week off Eba from a dealer in Wyo. He still had a brand new 2006! The discount was pretty sweet:ride:

This will be my new Baja bike, replacing a DR. I could tell in the shakedown ride it's going to be huge down in the desert:thumb sup:

Picture010.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture029.jpg

so let us in on the secret, how much did you pay?? i must say i love my 05 WRY, i think it rides better than my 08 and easier to work on. :worthy:

beauty the only steel framed bikes ive seen dont have any blue paint left near the ankles so i never knew how good it once looked

yah, frame guards now before its too late! Then take them off and sell it like its barely been ridden... :worthy:

so let us in on the secret, how much did you pay?? i must say i love my 05 WRY, i think it rides better than my 08 and easier to work on. :worthy:

4,250 all in.

yah, frame guards now before its too late! Then take them off and sell it like its barely been ridden... :worthy:

lol.

After the thousands of baja miles I will be putting on this thing, frame guards will do nothing to hide the carnage:ride:

Very nice - I also bought my 2006 model new last year.

I think it's still a nice looking bike even compared to the new ali frame model, and is a hell of a lot easier to work on!

I wrote up some stuff how to get it road legal here in the UK:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=656470&highlight=

Looks identical to yours: !

WR450.jpg

Steve

Very nice - I also bought my 2006 model new last year.

I think it's still a nice looking bike even compared to the new ali frame model, and is a hell of a lot easier to work on!

Nice bike!

super sweet find!

What mods are in store for that bad boy...besides the basics.

I am no expert, and most of my information comes from here along with some experiences. This is my plan:

_ stock suspension will work fo me. I'm just stripping it all down to pack good grease into all the bearings.

_ free motor mods, I'm going to start out with 48 pilot and 168 main in the carb/ flex jet remote fuel screw

_ 15t cs

_ 6g acerbis tank ( I really don't like running out of gas in Baja, or strapping extra gallons to my hip for big days)

_ Guts tall and soft seat

_ devol shark fin

_ devol rad guards (will likely have to trim to fit under tank)

_ Maxxis Desert IT / bridgestone UHD

I am no expert, and most of my information comes from here along with some experiences. This is my plan:

_ stock suspension will work fo me. I'm just stripping it all down to pack good grease into all the bearings.

_ free motor mods, I'm going to start out with 48 pilot and 168 main in the carb/ flex jet remote fuel screw

_ 15t cs

_ 6g acerbis tank ( I really don't like running out of gas in Baja, or strapping extra gallons to my hip for big days)

_ Guts tall and soft seat

_ devol shark fin

_ devol rad guards (will likely have to trim to fit under tank)

_ Maxxis Desert IT / bridgestone UHD

While your at it, throw a DR.D slip-on on that bad boy and a set of springs for the extra weight and call it a day.

Once your done with all that, you will have one bad a$$ baja killer :worthy:

WOW, $4250 --- u stole it!!! Payed 5100( in Ohio ) all in for my 06 last spring --- and again -- DO THIS -- when you get the chance put a slip-on DR.D and make shure you get a before and after picture of your smile:thumbsup:

aaah, thats what my bike looked like!

nothing like a new bike... after every ride the cleaning ends up taking longer then the ride...

aah those were the days!

yeah i remember now what mine looked like when I picked it up from the dealer in March 06. Doesnt look like that now!! 3000km of red dirt in the Pilbara of WA and she will never be the same.