HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raider23

2009 YZ450F with DR. D exhaust

4 posts in this topic

O.K. guys this is my first post so please do not kill me. I race the vet class and the elevation that we race at is around 3000 to 4000'. I just put the Dr. D system on my bike and it seems to run pretty well. There is a substantial difference in power from the stock pipe. My question is about jetting. I did not change a thing from stock. I backfires when I let off the gas. Do any of you have this same setup and what elevation are you riding? Please advise. Should I do some jetting changes?

I read in motocross action that if you put a pipe on the 09 450 you have to go to a 165 main jet and move the needle up one notch.

O.K. guys this is my first post so please do not kill me. I race the vet class and the elevation that we race at is around 3000 to 4000'. I just put the Dr. D system on my bike and it seems to run pretty well. There is a substantial difference in power from the stock pipe. My question is about jetting. I did not change a thing from stock. I backfires when I let off the gas. Do any of you have this same setup and what elevation are you riding? Please advise. Should I do some jetting changes?

It pays to do a search before you post any questions. You will usually find your answer :worthy:

Check out this link...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3710599#post3710599

Forget the jetting, kill the NEWB!!!! just kiddin' bro, go check out the jetting database