HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bkew

YZ426 Handlebar Risers question

5 posts in this topic

So I have a 01' YZ426 that I will not get rid of. Runs to good to get rid of.

Tryin to freshin it up, I just put on a new SDG complete tall seat and new graphics. Looks almost new again. I really love the extra room.

The one thing I was thinking of adding was a 0.5" or 1" riser to the bars to give the bike a better balance with the tall seat.

I am 6'2" so the extra room with the bars I figure would be a big help. I have the stock triple clamps so it would be one the machined bolt type to the existing clamps.

Does anyone have experience with these type of addons? I just want to make sure they hold up and work well.

Thanks in advance.

+1 on Barrisers online. They worked wonders on my '00 426. It's a cheap alternative to buying a new top clamp with adjustable positions. I didn't have to lengthen my cables as well which was a bonus. Quality of the product was excellent.

I ordered the ones from Rocky Mountain then had to cancel them as I still use the 7/8" bars and they only sell the 1 1/8" bar set. Was not reading it and got to excited :worthy:

Barrisersonline looks to be the trick though.

Thanks for info.

So I have a 01' YZ426 that I will not get rid of. Runs to good to get rid of.

Tryin to freshin it up, I just put on a new SDG complete tall seat and new graphics. Looks almost new again. I really love the extra room.

The one thing I was thinking of adding was a 0.5" or 1" riser to the bars to give the bike a better balance with the tall seat.

I am 6'2" so the extra room with the bars I figure would be a big help. I have the stock triple clamps so it would be one the machined bolt type to the existing clamps.

Does anyone have experience with these type of addons? I just want to make sure they hold up and work well.

Thanks in advance.

I am 6'8 and have 1 inch risers and they help alot. A great purchase when you are this tall :worthy: