new yz450

so i just bought a brand new 06 yz450 it has no hours on it

im just wondering what you guys think would be the best mods for it?

im not looking for more power, i just came of a crf250 so i was thinking more of handling wise.

so i just bought a brand new 06 yz450 it has no hours on it

im just wondering what you guys think would be the best mods for it?

• Replace the chain immediately.
  • Replace the bars with something taller unless you're 5'2" or shorter
  • Change the front tire unless you're riding Super Moto
  • Set the sag at 95~97mm
  • Raise the fork tubes 5mm in the clamps

Start with that.

stock chain and sprockets are fine. they will last over 50 hr if you lube every moto and adjust regularly, about every 1.5 hrs. i don't know why people bash the stock setups. And this goes for all makes.
The stock sprockets are fine. The only thing wrong with them is that they get destroyed by the stock chain.

The OEM chain on the '06 YZ450 is trash, is woefully inadequate for the application, and wears extremely rapidly, which is why you need to adjust it every 1.5 hours. Instead of making your point, you have reinforced mine.

A good, high quality sealed chain, such as the Regina ORN6, will only need adjustment about 3 times a year, and the chain and sprockets will go a year or more without replacement.

Most chain lubes contain a lubricant suspended in a "vehicle" solvent, which makes the mix thin, and capable of penetrating into the innards on the chain. They need to be applied several hours ahead of use, and the vehicle allowed to evaporate, leaving the thicker lube in place. Lubing just before each use, as you suggest will normally result in 90% of the lube being thrown off during the ride, accomplishing nothing.