Use YZ muffler needed?

A lot of u guys/gals say that a YZ muffler is better than the Original stock WR muffler... Is it true? Can the YZ muffler fit on a WR without any modification???

If can, does anyone out there have a YZ muffler for me and is willing to let it go and send to me.(I live in Singapore, in South-East asa).

There are some on the "parts & accessories" forum here at TT, Death Knight. Go to the bottom of this page and click to it. Good luck!

My 02 wr has a yz muffler, it works great! Just need a longer bolt, that was it. Didn't need to re-jet,

runs strong! :D:)

Hey Guys, same setup, ive got a 02 WR426 and looking for a YZ pipe to suit.

Can anyone who has one please contact me?

danchojnacki@yahoo.com.au

Im in Sydney Austrailia. so we will have to arrange shipping etc.

Thanks heaps!

Dan - when the clutch drops, the bull$hit stops!

oh two double you are four two six

Originally posted by tk421:

...Item # 16,17,18,19, and 12.

You MUST have these parts before installing your YZ muffler.

Good Luck.

Other than 16 and 17 I would think most used units would have these parts intact w/ the pipe. I mean, why would you remove them before selling? No aftermarket pipes I've seen use any of the parts mentioned.

OTOH we aren't talking about a lot of money to make sure the used part you are about to buy fits correctly.

Just my two cents.

First off, if you're gonna get a use YZ pipe don't forget that it doesn't have a spark arrestor. You can get one, just costs a bunch. I've been in the market for a new pipe myself and thought about this option alot. However, for maybe 80-100 bucks for a used pipe + 120-150 for the spark arrestor I figured a new one may be in order. On the YZ side of TT, everyone's talking about the Thunder Alley pipes. Seams they are supposed to be the one to get. They have an S/A option and they're hand made/custom units. The standard slip-on is only 250. I just ordered mine and I can't wait for it to get here.

Huh... you guys meant that there is no spark arrestor on the yz pipe? Anyway... does it matter whether there is or not?? What does the s/a do anyway???? (Sounds like a stupid question)

Quote by Hick: Other than 16 and 17 I would think most used units would have these parts intact w/ the pipe. I mean, why would you remove them before selling? No aftermarket pipes I've seen use any of the parts mentioned.

Hick,

You’re right, normally these parts (accept for 16,17 & 12) should come with the used YZ muffler. I was able to find mine off a YZ400. The guy only wanted money for shipping! The muffler was free. So needles to say I didn’t complain when it came with missing parts.

I managed to destroy the old gasket (item #12), so I had to order a new one. The exhaust gasket is fragile! A new one worked perfectly and isn’t all that expensive (save your sanity, don’t try to salvage the old one). :)

Death Knight, You are correct. No spark arrestor on a stock YZ.

[ September 13, 2002, 04:47 PM: Message edited by: tk421 ]

But what does a spark arrestor do??? What the difference between having one and not having one??

hi,

i know the diff bet a std pipe & a mod pipe?

its a $700 fine my fren??? :)

A YZ 250 silencer apparently fits a 426 although the canister is shorter and the outlet is smaller. Some ftermarket replacement silencers are the same for both...

What is the normal increase in main jet size, etc when switching to a YZ muffler?

[ September 16, 2002, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: dominator426 ]

Spark Arrestor :a screen that captures hot particles from the engine exhaust.

Depending on where you plan to ride, if you don’t have a spark arrestor, you could be the cause of a fire in extremely dry conditions.

Dan426,check e-bay mate,seems like every time I look I see someone selling YZ exhausts.