HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jordan450

WR450 speed?

19 posts in this topic

How fast does this bike go. I am planing to put mine on the road with a street conversion kit, i am ordering it maybe this month.:worthy:

On a gearing spreadsheet its supposed to go almost 100 mph at the top of 5th bouncing off of the limiter with stock gearing

Taking into account rider weight, traction, and wind resistance you'll probably see speeds in the high 80/low 90 mph range.

I think with stock gearing/tires at sea level, with a good tail wind, in a full tuck you could see mid-90's :lol:

I haven't checked vs GPS , but my supermoto setup is topping out around 75-80 indicated on TrailTech Vapor with 17" wheels and 14/42 (I think) ... which is good for all the supermoto tracks I have been on so far (4), but I can see how it might be desirable to go a little "faster" on the street.

I told my local dealer I wanted a WR450X with fuel injection and a 6 speed. :worthy:

~tommy

record is 104 on my supermoto with 17s. Now its jetted and has the yz throttle stop so i think i could hit 108.

On a gearing spreadsheet its supposed to go almost 100 mph at the top of 5th bouncing off of the limiter with stock gearing

Taking into account rider weight, traction, and wind resistance you'll probably see speeds in the high 80/low 90 mph range.

Could you please show the gearing spreadsheet , as i am currently running 14/50 sprockets . I would like to get a bit more speed happening.Cheers!

Mine will do 88 mph stock gearing. I have a 48 tooth rear sprocket ordered so I can (hopefully) break 100 mph.

CD

Wow! good to know...at 75mph with stock gearing I thought the bike would implode. Guess I can push it a little more.

I hit 80 on mine and was only about 3/4 through 5th gear. i'm guessing with all the mods and a good straight shot you could hit 100 MPH stock gearing. I'm guessing a little faster also with different gearing and sprockets and good rubbers

With 14/51 gearing, I don't like cruising long distances over 65, which is around 7500rpm. I push it to 80+ no problem for short distances. I am pretty easy on it though.