HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dustybum

clarke tank wr450f

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys, does anyone know if the 2.8gallon Clarke tank will fit the latest WR450f, or do only the 3.3gallon tanks fit?

I'm looking at a bike 2nd hand but the owner is sure he has the smaller tank on his 08 WR450f and I'm trying to find some answers. Could be that he is a little confused and if I buy the bike I'm getting a bigger tank than what he thinks he has!!!!

I have the 3.6 Clarke tank and love it on my '07 WR450. The difference in weight is negligible. Go big. You will not be sorry.:worthy:

Thanks guys, turns out the bike has a YZ 2.8 g tank! Since he sold me the bike with this tank and also the OEM tank I will sell them both and go for a 3.6g tank. The extra couple of litres could make all the difference on the rides I want to do, without going grazy and fitting some huge tank!

Thanks guys, turns out the bike has a YZ 2.8 g tank! Since he sold me the bike with this tank and also the OEM tank I will sell them both and go for a 3.6g tank. The extra couple of litres could make all the difference on the rides I want to do, without going grazy and fitting some huge tank!

The 3.6 should get you around 100 miles on a tankful. The only mod is you have to get the '06 petcock or run your fuel line under and around. It uses the stock WR shrouds. Good luck.:worthy:

The 3.6 should get you around 100 miles on a tankful. The only mod is you have to get the '06 petcock or run your fuel line under and around. It uses the stock WR shrouds. Good luck.:worthy:

100 miles?!?! That ain't much. I guess it depends on where/what you're riding but I got 180 miles out of a tank last weekend and didn't even hit reserve.:lol:

trailhead

100 miles?!?! That ain't much. I guess it depends on where/what you're riding but I got 180 miles out of a tank last weekend and didn't even hit reserve.:worthy:

trailhead

The what is a modded WR450 '07. The stock tank only got me 50-60 miles depending on the riding (mostly desert). Soft, sandy tough stuff sucks the fuel pretty hard.

Dont know about the 2.6g Clarke tank but I have a 2.8g Clarke tank on my '08 WR450F with a set of YZ shrouds. All fits no problems!

The what is a modded WR450 '07. The stock tank only got me 50-60 miles depending on the riding (mostly desert). Soft, sandy tough stuff sucks the fuel pretty hard.

Wow WG, you got that much on the stock tank?

Did you install the 06' petcock or re-run the hose?

How about some pics?

........... bahhh :worthy:

Wow WG, you got that much on the stock tank?

Did you install the 06' petcock or re-run the hose?

How about some pics?

........... bahhh :worthy:

My mileage varied from 45-60 miles on the stock tank, depending on the riding. I haven't pushed the limit on the 3.6 yet, but I figure 90-100 miles.

At first I ran the hose under and around. Then I bought an '06 petcock. Really no reason other than I didn't like the way it looked. I don't have any pics of that mod either, I'm sorry, but will take some soon as I get a new battery for my camera.

Where are you in CA and you are doing the TTT ride in Sept. right?

Here I may have found one, but you will have to scope in on it to see it. Lets try.

DSCN2629-1.jpg

........bah yourself:thumbsup: