YZ case;

I'm doing a teardown very soon. I am talking to a fellow that will sell me half of a yz426 case. Its the left side with the drive gear. ( I was told this is the easier of the two to take apart. and I am so relieved at the thought of not having to get into the tranny. I am mechanically inclined. but have no experience in bottom ends, cams etc.. This is going to be a learning project for me and I hope I don't have any regrets post. I was told Cases, when casted are machined to seal with its significant other. Will I be asking for trouble by ordering the replacement left cover, tearing mine down & bolting my parts to the New (To Me) cover and throwing some liquid gasket/rtv in and proceeding to assemble the top end & expect a fine tuned machine again?

any input is greatly appreciated, and I hope there isn;t previous posts asking this same question.. Forgive my nubness.

Bry

From what I have read; There is a bearing alignment issue. From what I remember the case halves are machined as a pair. Therefore you can not just order one half, and mate it with an existing case.

I am no expert, but this is what I remember from previous posts.

My advice would be to hold off, until an expert chimes in.