Powdercoated yz450f

Just got all my parts back from powdercoat. A company called Procoat in Auckland, NZ :lol:

Its all done in a metallic coal dust.

I think its all come out pretty good. :worthy:

bike010o.jpg

bike002r.jpg

bike003s.jpg

bike004.jpg

bike005t.jpg

bike006cgs.jpg

bike007.jpg

bike008.jpg

bike009.jpg

Can't wait to see the final product.

yeah post pics when its done please

Wow, that looks amazing. Can't wait to see it assembled.

Thats going to look really nice when complete. Are you going to have blue plastics?

Thats going to look really nice when complete. Are you going to have blue plastics?

Yup, all blue plastics. I might change to a white rear guard once i see it all back together.

The exhaust is getting redone in black aswell, i'll post a few pics of that when its finished.

Nice! Be sure to post pics when it's done.

Thats sweet. I cant wait to see it all together! Post pics of your progress!

Bad A$$. Please post pics when done! BTW, what are you gonna use to protect the "coat" from coming off at the wear points (above pegs etc..)?

Bad A$$. Please post pics when done! BTW, what are you gonna use to protect the "coat" from coming off at the wear points (above pegs etc..)?

Will definitly post some more pics for you guys! Not sure about any extra protection yet, I might just use some clear vinyl to cover the high wear points. Any suggestions?

i cant see the pics!!! i was wanting to powdercoat my frame on my 08. can u repost the pics

i cant see the pics!!! i was wanting to powdercoat my frame on my 08. can u repost the pics

All sorted!:worthy: I had run out of bandwidth on photobucket. :lol:

Looks good man I really like the color. I have two bikes with powder coated frames and swing arms and one is black and the other is a dark gray just like yours.

Be sure to post pics of it back together.

looking good. what did it cost u?

awesome. where from nz are you?

awesome. where from nz are you?

Thanks, I'm in south Auckland

Updated pics!!

Still waiting on the rest of the parts to turn up.

img1194x.th.jpg

img1195u.th.jpg

Looking sharp!

definately looks pretty sweet,is this gonna be a supermoto or street bike? i powder coated a frame before and it took a little longer but still got trashed in the rub areas ..looks good now though :worthy:

definately looks pretty sweet,is this gonna be a supermoto or street bike? i powder coated a frame before and it took a little longer but still got trashed in the rub areas ..looks good now though :worthy:

Thanks, its going to be 100% in the dirt! I'm not too worried if it gets damaged, its still a dirt bike.