HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ajeb

Powdercoated yz450f

32 posts in this topic

Just got all my parts back from powdercoat. A company called Procoat in Auckland, NZ :lol:

Its all done in a metallic coal dust.

I think its all come out pretty good. :worthy:

bike010o.jpg

bike002r.jpg

bike003s.jpg

bike004.jpg

bike005t.jpg

bike006cgs.jpg

bike007.jpg

bike008.jpg

bike009.jpg

1 person likes this

Thats going to look really nice when complete. Are you going to have blue plastics?

Yup, all blue plastics. I might change to a white rear guard once i see it all back together.

The exhaust is getting redone in black aswell, i'll post a few pics of that when its finished.

Bad A$$. Please post pics when done! BTW, what are you gonna use to protect the "coat" from coming off at the wear points (above pegs etc..)?

Bad A$$. Please post pics when done! BTW, what are you gonna use to protect the "coat" from coming off at the wear points (above pegs etc..)?

Will definitly post some more pics for you guys! Not sure about any extra protection yet, I might just use some clear vinyl to cover the high wear points. Any suggestions?

i cant see the pics!!! i was wanting to powdercoat my frame on my 08. can u repost the pics

All sorted!:worthy: I had run out of bandwidth on photobucket. :lol:

Looks good man I really like the color. I have two bikes with powder coated frames and swing arms and one is black and the other is a dark gray just like yours.

Be sure to post pics of it back together.

definately looks pretty sweet,is this gonna be a supermoto or street bike? i powder coated a frame before and it took a little longer but still got trashed in the rub areas ..looks good now though :worthy:

definately looks pretty sweet,is this gonna be a supermoto or street bike? i powder coated a frame before and it took a little longer but still got trashed in the rub areas ..looks good now though :worthy:

Thanks, its going to be 100% in the dirt! I'm not too worried if it gets damaged, its still a dirt bike.