HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim_bo

WR 450 jetting with all the free mods

4 posts in this topic

I just got my WR450 and I intend to do the (almost) free mods to include:

-GYT-R 96db baffle

-Open air box

-Grey wire

-YZ throttle stop

With all of these mods, I need to know what I should run jetting at. I am at about 3000' altitude.

I noticed that most people like 160 MJ and 48 PJ. I just thought it was odd that I got several jets with my new WR and most of them were leaner jets than stock. The biggest main jet I got was a 155.

Jimbo

Jimbo,

I am at 2700ft and I have found the 155main, 48 pilot, #5 position on the stock needle and 1 1/2 turns out on the pas to work best for me. This jetting is without the GYT-R insert installed.

Yes, it does change. You have to go a bit leaner with the insert in. I haven't had an opportunity to dial-in the jetting with the insert installed but when I ran it with my current jetting it was a bit on the rich side. Several guys have rejetted with the insert and they absolutely love it. I will work on it in a few weeks once I get some riding in with the new auto-clutch :):D