HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nickeenoo

Do the OEM steering bearings include the race?

5 posts in this topic

I am replacing the upper and lower steering stem bearings on my 07 450 and am wondering if these are the part numbers I need and if the OEM part numbers include the races.

93332-00078-00 Upper bearing

4EW-23416-00-00 Upper cover

93332-00081-00 Lower bearing

Is this all I need?

Thanks,

Nate

The 23416 upper cover is the seal above the bearing. You may or may not need to replace that. Otherwise, yes, you have everything you need listed except the grease. Use a high grade EP2 Marine Grease, preferably one that contains Moly.

Thanks, I do need the upper cover as it had a small tear in it. Also, when getting the lower bearing pressed on the stem (I'll have the local shop do it) I'm assuming it is best to have it packed with grease before they press it on?

Nate

It's easier to do it that way because you can use a bearing packer while the bearing is free. Otherwise, it doesn't matter much.