HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
roylo

Fitting Reserve Fuel Tap To 08 YZ450

13 posts in this topic

What is involved or is it possible to fit a WR or similar fuel tap with reserve to my 08 YZ450? What is the easiest way to go about it and will it fit straight on?

Thanks for any replies..

I think you can just order a WR petcock that will bolt right up. I know I could do this with my 07.

Yep, just throw on a fuel petcock from a WR.

Anyone know which WR year models will fit or which is the better one to get?

Anyone know which WR year models will fit or which is the better one to get?
'07 or later, so that the form factor is the same as yours.

Whats the benefit of doing this mod?

When you run out of gas, you switch it to reserve and have enough to limp home. Say, how much would the WR petcock leave you in reserve?

Whats the benefit of doing this mod?

A reserve fuel tap is basically there just to let you know when your running low on fuel. The bike will run out of fuel or start to when there is a litre or so of fuel left in the tank, then you turn the tap and use whats left in the tank.

I too would like to know how much fuel a 08 WR fuel tap would leave in the tank when set to reserve? Anyone know?

I always thought that bikes that had reserves on them had some special section in the tank. Thanks for the info.

No the main pick up tube is longer than that of a non reserve fuel petcock. So instead of having one tube, the reserve fuel petcock has one long tube and one short one.