Take plastics off before apply decal?

I've just bought some new graphics for my radiator shrouds. Is it better/easier to put the graphics on with the shrouds on or off the bike?

If I put the graphics on with the plastic off the bike will they be twisted or move when the plastic flexes as the shrouds are bolted on?

I like them off but only if they don't have to match the seat cover. I get them nice and wet then work them in good with a hair dryer. It's easyer for me to do when they are on my lap.

If you are matching them to a design on a seat cover I think it's best to keep them on the bike to ensure they align right. On that note, I also think it's best to put the seat cover on first and then match the shroud graphics to the seat cover. It's harder to match the seat cover to the graphics vs the other way around.

It's easyer for me to do when they are on my lap.
I agree. I like to sit at my kitchen table with everything I need and work like a gentlemen. I'd probably bring the tank in, too. It's just preference, though. Each has its advantages.

Got them on using the off-the-bike method. Worked out okay. As with most things bike-related, once you have a crack it you realise it's not that hard. First ones I'd ever applied and was sure I was going to screw them up, though there are a couple of things I would do better next time.

Thanks for advice.

Just putting the bike back together now (had shocks and fork re-valved as well). I wish putting that f^%$ing airboot back onto the carby got easier each time I did it. They're magic bikes, but jeez they're still pricks to work on in some areas.

Just putting the bike back together now (had shocks and fork re-valved as well). I wish putting that f^%$ing airboot back onto the carby got easier each time I did it. They're magic bikes, but jeez they're still pricks to work on in some areas.

bloody oath maaaate i second that, :worthy: