HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xr600r

holes in 450 airbox

6 posts in this topic

somebody did a post on drilling a bunch of holes in the side of the airbox. has anybody else done this ? and if so , what were the performance gains.

if anybody can post a pic of this mod. it would be appreciated.

thanx

I wouldn't do it unless you are really going to uncork your WR with a YZ cam and race exhaust. I don't get my bike until friday, its getting a cam, DRD exhaust and losing the electric start but there is no way I'm drillin the airbox.

somebody did a post on drilling a bunch of holes in the side of the airbox. has anybody else done this ?

I noticed at the last 3 races that Randy Hawkins bike had visible air box holes.2 different WR450F's and 1- WR250F. :)

xr660r, I drilled holes in mine (1") and the performance gain was terrific and not one of the holes can be seen from the outside.

bean,

Did you drill the holes in the top of the airbox by the battery? A guy I know drilled the outer part of the box (4 one inch holes per side,99 WR) and his air filter got very dirty every ride. When the conditions were wet and muddy the dirty water and mud went right through his air filter into the carb. that is why I wouldn't drill my airbox. I have seen the one inch filters that are availiable but they look a little hokie.