HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dwby2kwr

new scotts damper

4 posts in this topic

I just received my new damper. the book says i will have to trim the stock triple near the odometer, but I have not read that on the previous posts here. Did anyone have to trim theirs. Oh yeah I have the 00 wr.

also, does anyone have any suggests on what settings to start with, base, high speed, and sweep. I ride all desert, and just a liitle above novice level. This is the first bike I have owned in 10 years. But I keep getting faster.

Also any mounting tips would be appreciated although it seem pretty simple.

------------------

y2k wr, 13 tooth front,

airbox lid and baffle removed, 180 main, 45 pilot, 426yz er needle,

wr timing

Yes, I had to trim the odometer tab on the upper triple clamp. Stock, it make a triangle shape, I had to use a hack saw and cut about 1/2 of the tab off in a diagonal fashion. It wasn a little bit of work, but the hardest item to accomplish to mount the damper.

I'll email you a pic if you want to see the new shape.

Mike

i think i have kind of a picture of that sent by scotts with the damper. I haven't got it installed yet but looks to me like the post and steering head mount will interfere with the dipstick. did you encounter this?

------------------

y2k wr, 13 tooth front,

airbox lid and baffle removed, 180 main, 45 pilot, 426yz er needle,

wr timing

It makes it a little harder to get the dipstick out. You have to angle the dipstick back into the hole.