new scotts damper

I just received my new damper. the book says i will have to trim the stock triple near the odometer, but I have not read that on the previous posts here. Did anyone have to trim theirs. Oh yeah I have the 00 wr.

also, does anyone have any suggests on what settings to start with, base, high speed, and sweep. I ride all desert, and just a liitle above novice level. This is the first bike I have owned in 10 years. But I keep getting faster.

Also any mounting tips would be appreciated although it seem pretty simple.

------------------

y2k wr, 13 tooth front,

airbox lid and baffle removed, 180 main, 45 pilot, 426yz er needle,

wr timing

Yes, I had to trim the odometer tab on the upper triple clamp. Stock, it make a triangle shape, I had to use a hack saw and cut about 1/2 of the tab off in a diagonal fashion. It wasn a little bit of work, but the hardest item to accomplish to mount the damper.

I'll email you a pic if you want to see the new shape.

Mike

i think i have kind of a picture of that sent by scotts with the damper. I haven't got it installed yet but looks to me like the post and steering head mount will interfere with the dipstick. did you encounter this?

------------------

y2k wr, 13 tooth front,

airbox lid and baffle removed, 180 main, 45 pilot, 426yz er needle,

wr timing

It makes it a little harder to get the dipstick out. You have to angle the dipstick back into the hole.