Need immediate SS filter help

Hey

I got a "flo" SS oil filter made by PC racing. Its a little longer than the oem filter. the oem filter sits on a small blue rubber piece with 2 holes that hold it in place. it looks like if i remove the rubber peice on the motor the filter will work but should i do it? i need help quick since its the first day abouve 20 degrees here in canada and i need to ride

The SS filters don't use the base pad that is needed for the disposable types. Do not attempt to use it.

Thanks gray. time to ride

The SS filters don't use the base pad that is needed for the disposable types. Do not attempt to use it.

Gray, are you saying that the PC filter is no good?

Gray, are you saying that the PC filter is no good?
Not in this instance, no. The question was whether to use a base pad on the stainless filter, and the answer is no.

But, unless you think that you can really get something for nothing, or that Scotts is making a 100% profit on their filters, or that there is no advantage to having something made in the USA, I don't expect the PC or any of the other knock offs to be the same quality.

I ditched the $20 Outlaw filter and got the Scotts...You can immediately visibly see that the steel mesh on the Scotts is much finer...

Scott's makes a VERY good filter. I had 3rd and 4th gear let go on my 650 and the very fine filtering of that oil filter saved my motor.

"The sting of a poor purchase lingers long after the thrill of a bargain wears off."