08 and earlier hubs on 09 yz450f

cant find it for the life of me, who knows if its possible to put smaller inner diameter bearings in the 08 and earlier hubs for the 09 25mm axle? is this all it would take to get them to work? (spacers or anything else)

and does ANYONE know if the front caliper mounts differently than the 06-08?

cant find it for the life of me, who knows if its possible to put smaller inner diameter bearings in the 08 and earlier hubs for the 09 25mm axle? is this all it would take to get them to work? (spacers or anything else)

and does ANYONE know if the front caliper mounts differently than the 06-08?

You need larger diameter bearings in the older hubs, the 09 has a larger rear axle. You will also need seals to match and wheel spacers that will work with your bearings and seals. You also need a larger center spacer for between the bearings. The front caliper changed between 07 and 08, the 08-09 caliper has different mounting than the previous years.

would i run into problems finding said spacers? any specific ones i would need?

You may run into difficulty if you are adapting an '08 or earlier rear wheel to an '09, since the hub is different for '09, and I'm not certain that the diameter of the bearing pocket was the only change. Custom spacers may be needed.

Don't forget that the seals are going to be different also, so '09 spacers aren't likely to work. Boring out '08 spacers may not work if the wall thickness gets too thin.

OTOH, the front wheel should simply interchange.