HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
umu24013

YZ426F clutch vs YZ400F

5 posts in this topic

I'm going to rebuild the clutch on a 98 YZ400F.

Can I just replace the worn components (basket, plates) with 00-02 YZ426componets? I heard they are slightly different. What parts are interchangeable?

Just about everything is different. I am about to try the same swap, I have a complete clutch from a 2001 YZ426 that I'm about to fit into my 1999 WR400. I'll let you know how it goes.

Just about everything is different. I am about to try the same swap, I have a complete clutch from a 2001 YZ426 that I'm about to fit into my 1999 WR400. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks a lot! That would be great!:thumbsup:

You will need everything. Even the side cover on the engine is different since the clutch basket is a larger diameter than the 400. It all bolts up though, no machining mods required. If you don't have a donor motor to get all this stuff it will be prohibitively expensive.

If you don't have a donor motor to get all this stuff it will be prohibitively expensive.
...or find the stuff used on eBay.