HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jim_Patterson

03WR450 delivery comment

6 posts in this topic

I have a deposit on a wr450, and my dealer

keeps saying December, though I'd like to believe it may be a bit earlier. I have talked to several other local dealers, and many have noted that they still have 02wrs (250&426) they haven't sold yet. Because of this, they have informed Yamaha that they want their December deliveries pushed out to March 03. Part of this is due to not much riding potential December thru March here in Michigan. Some have said we can get you one in December, but I think this is a sales ploy. These March delivery dates may be happening in other parts of the country at small dealers and overstocked dealers. Some may be saying December but actually planning on a March delivery. I hope we don't have this happening to a lot of guys with deposits out there.

jim, i've got a deposit on a 450 at toms cycle in st.johns. they tell me probably december.

in all honesty , i dont think anybody really knows. what will happen is, we'll get our bikes and it will snow 2 ft. that same day. grrrrrrr.

:)

I had the local dealer put me on his list for an '03 (even though the wife "objects" :D ). Have not heard a word about expected delivery/availabilty dates, though. And I'm the only, or at least the first, WR450 on his list. His YZ allotment was already gone/spoken for.

Since the probability of owning a WR450 looks slim for now, I am instead hoping the rest of you get yours soon...just THINK of all the WR goodies that you guys will be selling off your about-to-be-traded rides!!! (drool) :):D

Here in Canada they started out saying Sept., now Yamaha Canada is saying the bikes haven't even started production yet and the delivery date is January.

Originally posted by Chaindrive:

Since the probability of owning a WR450 looks slim for now, I am instead hoping the rest of you get yours soon...just THINK of all the WR goodies that you guys will be selling off your about-to-be-traded rides!!! (drool) :D:D

I never even thought of that!!!

Im definatley keeping my 400 now!

Of course, Im also not sure if theres anything else I need for it either... :)

Our dealer in the San Francisco/Berkeley Area is stating that they are getting: one wr450f in December, one in Jan., one in Feb. & one in March and that Yamaha is doing a very limited production schedule. The post regarding that the dealers are pushing the dates out makes sense in some areas but our dealer has more deposits than they are promised bikes and knows the sooner they arrive the sooner they will sell.