HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blade275

Uncorking/lightening an XR650L

3 posts in this topic

how can I go about uncorking/lightening my dads XR650L. is it possible to replace the metal tank and remove the smog crap?

I would check with Baja Designs , they are into the XR650L more than any other outfit I know. I think I saw a smog block off kit somewhere on their site and mention of a diet plan for the L. You might also try a search on Hondaxr.com there are several guys riding L's over there. Have you checked clarke and ims websites for a plastic/higher capacity gas tank? Good Luck.

Baja Designs easily shaved 16.5 lbs. from the L model. Replacing the stock tank and wings with a plastic tank saves 7 lbs. and the smog block off kit gets rid of another 2 lbs. 4 oz. The taillight assembly is huge and can be replaced with with a much smaller one. There is a block off kit on eBay right now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2407327024&category=35595