HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
honda0071

stock sprocket sizes and wat kinda sproket sizes should i use

10 posts in this topic

wat are stock sprocket sizes for 1998 yz400f and what sizes should i run on front and back

14/49. I run a 14/46 and its about the same as my brothers 14/49. Just mine goes a little faster and doesn't wheelie unless I want it to.

i ride a lil of evrything mostly trails but some track too... and like not really sand but sometimes. i want more torque basically.... so id say 14/51? should i evn chnge the front sprocket?

14/49. I run a 14/46 and its about the same as my brothers 14/49. Just mine goes a little faster and doesn't wheelie unless I want it to.

there should be a huge difference, 3 teeth makes a really big change.

All I know is for hill climbing, 14/49 is too slow in 2nd, and too fast in 3rd. My 14/46 in 2nd gear rocks. I can climb my bike better then my dad and brother.

All I know is for hill climbing, 14/49 is too slow in 2nd, and too fast in 3rd. My 14/46 in 2nd gear rocks. I can climb my bike better then my dad and brother.

o ok, maybe i misunderstood what you were saying. I got the feeling you were saying 3 less teeth made no difference.

It makes a difference but not a huge difference. In a drag race we stay side by side til he tops out, I didnt lose any low end power, expect "(my front end isnt as "light" as his)"

does anyone know if a yz400f will fit a 15 tooth front sprocket?