stock sprocket sizes and wat kinda sproket sizes should i use

wat are stock sprocket sizes for 1998 yz400f and what sizes should i run on front and back

14/49. I run a 14/46 and its about the same as my brothers 14/49. Just mine goes a little faster and doesn't wheelie unless I want it to.

The gearing heavily depends on what type of riding you're doing...

i ride a lil of evrything mostly trails but some track too... and like not really sand but sometimes. i want more torque basically.... so id say 14/51? should i evn chnge the front sprocket?

14/49. I run a 14/46 and its about the same as my brothers 14/49. Just mine goes a little faster and doesn't wheelie unless I want it to.

there should be a huge difference, 3 teeth makes a really big change.

All I know is for hill climbing, 14/49 is too slow in 2nd, and too fast in 3rd. My 14/46 in 2nd gear rocks. I can climb my bike better then my dad and brother.

All I know is for hill climbing, 14/49 is too slow in 2nd, and too fast in 3rd. My 14/46 in 2nd gear rocks. I can climb my bike better then my dad and brother.

o ok, maybe i misunderstood what you were saying. I got the feeling you were saying 3 less teeth made no difference.

It makes a difference but not a huge difference. In a drag race we stay side by side til he tops out, I didnt lose any low end power, expect "(my front end isnt as "light" as his)"

welll wat should i get?

does anyone know if a yz400f will fit a 15 tooth front sprocket?