06 cams vs. 08 cams

Hey guys, I have read a couple threads about the 06 450 cams being better than the 08 cams. Should I order both the intake and exhaust or just the intake. Thanks.

Not really a case of being better. Cams just affect the power curve. I think the 06's were biased for low to mid power and the 08' cams move it up the rpm range a bit.

Not really a case of being better. Cams just affect the power curve. I think the 06's were biased for low to mid power and the 08' cams move it up the rpm range a bit.
That's correct.

As to what cam to buy, if any, you have to first decide what you're trying to accomplish. Are you still running the stock muffler?

That's correct.

As to what cam to buy, if any, you have to first decide what you're trying to accomplish. Are you still running the stock muffler?

No, I am running the full DR. D system. I am looking for the low end to mid range power.

Add a couple of teeth to the rear sprocket and see if you still want more low/mid power. I put a 51 tooth sprocket on my 08 and I think for now I'll be ok on power. I also have the Dr.D pipe, so we're comparing apples to apples here, for the most part.

No, I am running the full DR. D system. I am looking for the low end to mid range power.
OK, then start with just the exhaust cam. That will boost the mid range without surrendering too much of the top end. If it's not enough, then go with the intake also, and the engine will basically become an '06.