How many MM's are your forks raised?

I would like to see what you guys are running for fork tube height and sag. I am pretty happy with what I am running, I just want to see what works well for you.

Here is what I run.

08' yzf450

8.5 mm from top of fork

3.7" rear shock sag.

I ride woods/desert

Works pretty well, I may try raising the forks a little bit more.

Yoda'

Hi mate

I raised it for 10mm or 1cm as I got back my bike (yz450F 2006) from the mechanic and he put the forks back to 0 so I went through sand about 10 to 15cm of sand on the way home and the way of the bike in the sand was not what I liked. Before going to the workshop I had it at 15mm or 1.5cm. I like it better when the fork tube height is now at 10mm.

regards

Arnego2

Rear sag: 95~97mm

Forks up 8mm

Hey guys, I was running my forks up 6mm before changing to the 24mm offset clamps...Should I now switch back to setting them flush???

On the 08 mine ranges from 95 - 100mm sag (non-stock connecting rod)

forks raised 2 - 6mm from stock.

I like my 06 at 10mm. But I still have to get on the tank to turn.

Where are you measuring the distance? Is it from the top of the triple clamp to the top of the fork tube? I know a stupid question but I haven't done this adjustment before.

Is it from the top of the triple clamp to the top of the fork tube?

Yes. The top of the tube, not the "cap".

It is good to see what people are using for setup. Maybe people will find this thread during future searches and will give them a good baseline.

Forks 8mm rear 100 mm

Hey guys, I was running my forks up 6mm before changing to the 24mm offset clamps...Should I now switch back to setting them flush???

I have the 24s and run the forks at 5mm from top (scribe line) and sag at 98.

I have the 24s and run the forks at 5mm from top (scribe line) and sag at 98.

Thanks! I'm going to start out at just a couple mm's and see...

On a somewhat related note, Applied 24mm clamps with 100mm sag didn't require any fork height change for me. Turns on a dime and is more stable than Warren Buffet's portfolio. Every one of my stock-clamp bikes required some fork height change.

Gray are you still on the 03'? If not, what did you have the forks set at for the 03'?

Nope. It's an '06.

I liked the way the '03 turned better with the forks up some, but I kept them all the way down flush to help keep it from having violent head shaking fits when I hit something at a little angle. Once I got the Scotts damper, I moved them back up 5mm. Sag at 100 on the '03.

how about front forks on a 05 450 never done this either. im curios always wondered

Thank you

09 CRF250R, stock suspension, clamps etc, i lifted my forks 7mm or 8mm made it soooo much better