HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mike_dean

Rekluse EXP Core clutch

18 posts in this topic

Has anybody tried one yet, I see that a pro mx'er is using one, interesting design and simple.

Has anybody tried one yet, I see that a pro mx'er is using one, interesting design and simple.

I installed one in my 05 YZ450F last week and rode it for the first time today. It is awesome. The clutch lever feels just like stock. It was easy to install and adjustable. My bike has a 4 speed transmission with a very tall first gear and a light flywheel. Tight trails were a nightmare before. Rode some really knarly stuff today and it never stalled once. I will never own a bike without one of these again. :thumbsup:

I installed one in my 05 YZ450F last week and rode it for the first time today. It is awesome. The clutch lever feels just like stock. It was easy to install and adjustable. My bike has a 4 speed transmission with a very tall first gear and a light flywheel. Tight trails were a nightmare before. Rode some really knarly stuff today and it never stalled once. I will never own a bike without one of these again. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the info., where did you get it? Mike

You know what they say, "A man will spend $3 for a $1 item he needs. A woman will spend $1 for a $3 item she has no use for." I paid full pop ($800).

So is this a full auto clutch like the z-start or a anti stall device? Can you give it gas without any clutch work and it moves forward?

You don't need to use the clutch, or you can use it like a regular clutch and it feels the same, when the engine is idling it is disengaged.

You don't need to use the clutch, or you can use it like a regular clutch and it feels the same, when the engine is idling it is disengaged.

So what is the difference between it and the Rekluse Pro?

So what is the difference between it and the Rekluse Pro?

Less complicated, easier to install, and uninstall, smoother, adjustable.

Less complicated, easier to install, and uninstall, smoother, adjustable.

If the above is true..... it would install itself, uninstall itself and adjust itself.... :worthy:

I don't see how it could better than the Pro, but maybe it is.

latest dirt bike, and motocross mags. have write ups on it, sounds ideal, still able to use clutch like normal at anytime, yet not beable to stall bike, they said you can put in 2nd on starting line with clutch lever out and just sit there and idle, then when gate drops hit throttle and go.

I spoke to Rekluse about this and they said that the exp won't behave like the pro in that the pro will allow the bike to freewheel and also act like traction control. The exp acts more like a true automatic clutch with the benefit being anti stall and clutchless shifting.

My guess is the exp wont have as big an effect on the braking bumps and other areas on the track that the pro helps out with. I think its a simpler approach than the pro. MXA loves it.

The Adige BTL clutch sounds very cool as well.

Just installed the EXP tonight, the best investment I've put into a bike in years, tried to stall the bike and can't, very smooth, I can't clutch out that smooth, landed a small jump in the yard with the brakes on at low rpm just gassed and rode away, nail the throttle and hit the brakes and release the brakes and I'm right back where I was, lock the brakes to start a slide and then gas thru the turn never touching the clutch. Now I have to figure out what to do with my left middle finger. I've always had my finger on the clutch because the bike has stalled after landing jumps, tight corners, etc, even with the heavy flywheel and high idle, now I have the idle set down and don't need the flywheel. I was never an auto clutch guy but I don't think I'll have a bike with out one now, will hit the track this weekend and then will know for sure, I think I'll be more comfortable not worrying about the stall. Mike