HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stev0

best way to make a loud pipe quiet.

4 posts in this topic

I never had the tip in my bike. the previous owner removed it , so when i got it , i knocked a couple of holes through the baffles. Its loud. like aftermarket loud but sounds good.

but i need it quiet for some stealth riding.. quiet is the new cool... i dont mind sacrificing a couple hp. A new pipe is not the option yet otherwise id get a custom on made with different inserts.

ideas?

I never had the tip in my bike. the previous owner removed it , so when i got it , i knocked a couple of holes through the baffles. Its loud. like aftermarket loud but sounds good.

but i need it quiet for some stealth riding.. quiet is the new cool... i dont mind sacrificing a couple hp. A new pipe is not the option yet otherwise id get a custom on made with different inserts.

ideas?

Why don't you just get a new tip? If you have permanently altered the muffler portion of the exhaust , it's not going to be simple to reverse. You need another stock exhaust.

I too bought a decibal daug, works great, and it's easily removable for those rides where no one is around to bother....... you can take her out :crazy: