best way to make a loud pipe quiet.

I never had the tip in my bike. the previous owner removed it , so when i got it , i knocked a couple of holes through the baffles. Its loud. like aftermarket loud but sounds good.

but i need it quiet for some stealth riding.. quiet is the new cool... i dont mind sacrificing a couple hp. A new pipe is not the option yet otherwise id get a custom on made with different inserts.

ideas?

I never had the tip in my bike. the previous owner removed it , so when i got it , i knocked a couple of holes through the baffles. Its loud. like aftermarket loud but sounds good.

but i need it quiet for some stealth riding.. quiet is the new cool... i dont mind sacrificing a couple hp. A new pipe is not the option yet otherwise id get a custom on made with different inserts.

ideas?

Why don't you just get a new tip? If you have permanently altered the muffler portion of the exhaust, it's not going to be simple to reverse. You need another stock exhaust.

I too bought a decibal daug, works great, and it's easily removable for those rides where no one is around to bother....... you can take her out :crazy: